Applied Micro Vietnam
Applied Micro Circuits Corporation, or AppliedMicro, is an innovator in semiconductor technology and a global leader in energy efficient sustainable solutions to process, transport, and store information for next generation Internet data center and telecommunication carrier central office equipment. As a leader in high-speed digital signal, Internet Protocol, Ethernet packet and storage processing, AppliedMicro’s patented innovations provide highly integrated Systems-On-a-Chip (SoCs) for telecommunications, enterprise and consumer applications.
AppliedMicro’s corporate headquarters are located in Sunnyvale, California USA. Sales and Engineering offices are located throughout the world.
Be part of a software engineering team to design, develop Bootloaders and Linux kernel services, device drivers, command/utilities, and applications for AppliedMicro state-of-the-art 64-bit ARM System-On-Chips. Participate in chip and board bring-ups and implementation of development kits and reference design software.
• Development and support of Linux bootloaders and kernels services to support various peripheral drivers (Ethernet, SATA, USB, PCIe, I2C/SPI, Wi-Fi/3G/LTE, etc.)
• Development and support of Linux applications for our various Server grade and embedded reference designs such as Internet Compute/Acceleration server, Wireless Access Point/Router, Network Attached Storage, Security Gateways, etc.
• Participation in cross-functional project teams encompassing different technical disciplines including CPU & SoC Design, pre- and post-silicon Validation, and Hardware Diagnostics
• Support Field Applications Engineers to drive APM’s customers to production.
• Provide Professional Services type software development for customers’ own designs including design reviews, system bring-up, Bootloader and kernel development and trouble shooting.
• Proficient in C or C++ programming with basic understanding of assembly language.
• BS or MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electronics Engineering or equivalent
• Background in kernel programming, kernel services and device driver development
• Background in microprocessor programming or x86/ARM processor programming
• Capable of reading and understanding hardware schematics, interface specifications and creating software that interfaces with the hardware.
• Good English communications skills, both verbal and writing
** Additional skills:
Any of the following is highly desirable but not required:
• Bootloader development such as U-boot, UEFI BIOS, etc.
• Linux kernel and device driver Open source development, Ubuntu, Redhat, …
• Working knowledge of other RTOS such as PSOS, VxWorks
• Working knowledge of Linux system configuration, Java run-time, Hadoop, …
• Working knowledge of microprocessor architectures (ARM, MIPS, PowerPC…)
• Working knowledge of Server and/or Embedded real-time applications
• Working knowledge of SATA, PCIe, USB, DDR, I2C, SPI, DDR3, Ethernet …)